King Ranch Chicken Casserole I
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled and deboned
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.)
- Step 2
Layer the chips in a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Step 3
Combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup and onion. Pour half of mixture over chips. Layer the chicken pieces, half of the cheese and the remaining soup mixture.
- Step 4
Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.